Why Are Home Treadmills Growing in Popularity?
Because the best home treadmills are sized for convenience, powered by strong motors and outfitted with just the right features for workout guidance and entertainment. They are versatile to meet different family members' fitness needs and are quiet enough to operate without disturbing your household.
As mentioned several times on this website, a home treadmill is one of the most popular types of home exercise equipment on the market. It provides a straightforward, efficient aerobic workout. When bad weather and busy schedules interfere with your fitness plans, the convenience of exercising on your back doorstep has to be appealing and so keeps you on track.
Varying reports have suggested that exercise is more likely to become a habit when you can accomplish it at home and treadmill popularity has markedly increased to become one of the top home fitness machine choices during the past decade.
The treadmills are a good choice to begin a new exercise routine because walking is well tolerated by most individuals regardless of fitness level and for most back conditions.
Home treadmills are not only so convenience but they are also a great time saver for the many of us who live busy lives. You are able to plan your daily routine with limited interference.
The technology and added features have also come a long way over recent years making it easy to get a gym-like workout (or better) in the comfort of your home.
Exercise can feel like a chore. Having to travel to the gym, especially in bad weather can easily kill the desire to get going but when there’s a treadmill 'right there' is a great incentive.
A statistic from the USA is that those Americans who exercise, two-thirds get fit at home. To keep pace, treadmill manufacturers are producing better and smarter machines.
Home Treadmills are Smaller.
Choosing the Right Treadmill for the Home. -->
Treadmills built especially for the home are generally smaller than those for gyms with large memberships. The commercial treadmill has to be far more durable as it is extensively used every day by all types of people. Whereas the treadmill for home is used a few hours daily at the most. A typical size is about 6 feet long and 3 feet wide. If you don't have that space then the folding treadmill or one more compact maybe a better alternative.
The best home treadmills provide plenty of built-in training programs.
These programs let people save time on workout setup, and they're designed by certified personal trainers to help ensure high-quality exercise.
Additionally, some of the best treadmills have wireless connectivity for downloading new workouts and automatically tracking workout statistics. There are some great online programs with specialized workouts. They vary from about five fields (time, distance, speed, calories, and pulse) to a dozen or more.
Metrics are shown on screens of many different sizes. On the best treadmills, the screens have touch technology and are about 7" wide or larger.
Touch technology might seem like a frivolous feature, but it makes it much easier to use the console when you're in motion. Favorite treadmill touch screens can be used for browsing the web as well as accessing built-in workouts.
Some home-use treadmills are identical to health club models but carry residential warranties. Others are adapted for home use with folding frames, smaller motors and other changes to respect a buyer's floor space and fitness funds.
Whether cheap or high-end, the best home use treadmills deliver their money’s worth in workouts. Your mission should be to choose the best blend of physical performance, electronic features, and durability for your budget.
Home Use Treadmills
In this new Proform Pro 2000 review, you will find the nitty-gritty details you need to know before you buy your treadmill.
Now, when you’re buying a new treadmill, you have three basic routes you can go.
- Cheap and low-quality. For some, this may be your only option and you can purchase a treadmill for a couple of hundred dollars. These will function as “running machines”, but they’re not comfortable to run on, and if you run a lot, you might start getting chronic injuries because of the poor construction. Their life span is also very limited so if possible shy away from the 'bargain basement' for obvious reasons.
- Somewhat-expensive perfection. Take things up a notch and get a real safe treadmill - one that’s manufactured by a company that caters to runners, one that has all of the features you could possibly want, and one that won’t give you injuries months or years from now.
If this does appeal to you, it’s worth considering the new Proform Pro 2000. Proform is one of the most established names in treadmills, and the 2000 model is their best. Even when compared to every treadmill model out there, the Proform Pro 2000 Proform is very popular (even on the overall market), despite its somewhat-expensive price.
This treadmill is a popular choice with the hardworking athlete who has high standards in training and expects any equipment he/she uses to be of extra special quality.
It is comprised of a full suite of cardio equipment for intense cross-training.
The T618 Treadmill embodies everything the serious competitor is seeking for an at-home cardio regimen today – performance training programs, free app-based tracking tools and premium comfort features for an energized workout experience.
Best of all the T618 treadmill will challenge you to achieve your personal best!
- Intuitive, fully loaded console with blue backlit DualTrackTM screens — offers 26 Nautilus Performance Training programs including interval, heart rate, and weight management. The dual screens offer visibility to workout metrics, even when the media tray is in use.
- Bluetooth® connectivity — offers a seamless transition of workout data to supported smart devices.
- Track metrics on our free Nautilus Trainer™ app or transfer data to any of our fitness app partners.
- Powerful but quiet 3.5 CHP motor — optimized and balanced workhorse motor maintains full running speed and immediate response as the pace is adjusted up or down, throughout the workout.
- Robust 2.75" crowned rollers — extend belt life and contribute to the smoothness and balance of the belt.
- Exclusive Rebound™ Cushioning System — not only softens landing at the front of the deck, it also propels kick-off at the back of the stride to minimize impact while energizing the workout.
- 20" x 60" gym-quality running path and durable 3-ply 2.5mm belt increases traction and durability for long belt life.
- Performance handrails with integrated incline and speed controls — make it easier to adjust the level of intensity during the workout.
- Wireless heart rate chest strap — is included (in addition to contact hand grips) to monitor heart rate.
- 350lb load capacity — built to withstand the rigors of performance training.
- Integrated towel and accessory bar.
- 15/5/2 Warranty — our promise to stand behind the entire product...frame, parts & electronics and labor.
- This Machine is a simple and compact: Space-saving design that folds down for storage and contains rolling wheels on the bottom providing simple transport. 3 levels incline change design help you burn more calories, tone more muscle, and build greater endurance.
- Big & Multi-Function LCD Display: Keep track of gains and losses with easy to read backlit multi-display console, Displays: heart rate, speed, calorie time, distance, mode, keep track of your performance and monitor your progress. Built-in MP3 connectivity and hi-fi stereo system allow you to enjoy music as you run.
- 0.5-9.2 MPH Speed levels & P01-P12 Programs - With 0.5 to 9.2 MPH Speed levels available, you can select different speed base on your physical condition and exercise based. There are also 12 programs available for you to choose, these easy-to-use exercise programs help to improve your cardiovascular fitness, boost your health, and burn fat.
- Safety Design and Cushioning Design: Safety Key connect you and the machine, emergency stop button on the handrail, which double protect you while working out. Cushioning design on both sides of the treadmill will reduce noise and decrease vibration to your floor, provide you the best and quite a workout experience.
A varied selection of treadmills can be viewed in the FOLDING Section.